We register Boats, Jet Skis and Water Scooters under the Belgium flag
We register boats under the Belgium flag - Worldwide valid registration
YACHT REGISTRATION BELGIUM is a nautical service registering new, second hand and home build boats, jet skis and other vessels under the Belgium Flag registry. The Belgium flag registration is accessible to all EU citizens, there is no obligation of residence in Belgium. The Belgium flag has many advantages over many local flags because its simplicity, overall low cost, it is valid for 5 years and it is valid in all international waters around the world!
Worldwide boat and yacht registration under the Belgian flag
Belgium is one of the most widely chosen jurisdictions for ship registration. There are several important reasons for EU members to register their boat under the Belgian flag: rules and regulations are less strict than other EU countries, the costs are much lower, it is valid for 5 years and it is valid around the world. Most of our customers are clients from Spain, France, Italy etc.. . These countries are more expensive and complex for registering boats, therefore many of our clients choose the Belgian flag at a much lower cost, with minimal requirements, few restrictions and it can be ready in 2 weeks.
What are the advantages of sailing under the Belgian flag?
On board of a boat the law of the Flag applies, in this case the Belgium law / legislation. Many countries like France, Italy, Spain, Portugal have complicated legislations for boats but the Belgium flag is simple and straight forward. Some of its advantages are:
- There is no limit on navigation distances, the limit is the design category of your boat (A,B,C or D)
- Limited security equipment
- No Inspection
- There are no yearly taxes or expenses, except for a one time tax when registering the boat.
- Insurance, most insurance companies accept the Belgium flag, so you can still use your favourite insurance
- You can choose any European homeport for your vessel
- No need to be a resident in Belgium
- Register in 2 weeks
- Renewal is every 5 years
- Valid worldwide
What documents are needed to register under the Belgium Flag?
1) Proof / Certificate of nationality and residency
2) Copy of your passport or national identity card
3) Copy of proof of ownership of your boat (Invoice, bill of sale, notary act…)
4) Cancelation of your previous flag (if applicable)
5) A copy of the EC declaration of conformity for boats built after 1998 and for the engines built after 2006
a) A picture of the side of the boat, or jetski,
b) A picture of the HIN number, or hull number
c) A picture of the CE plate of the boat
d) A picture of the serial number of the engine(s) if applicable
7) Online form correctly filled in
8) Authorisation letter signed
For Imported boats:
Copy of the EC declaration of conformity
Proof / Certificate of payment of the EU VAT
For home build boats:
Invoices of the main elements of the boat, like hull, mast, engine,..
An insurance report
Declaration/statement in French/Dutch that you are the builder, stating the model of boat, construction time with start and end date, address of the location of construction and a drawing reference.
Register now in 3 simple steps
- Fill in our online form, sign it, add a copy of the bill of sale or of your boat insurance and a copy of your ID as a pdf.
- We will check your paperwork and then send you a invoice which can be paid by any major creditcard, Paypal or bank transfer.
- Only 2 weeks later we will send you your official Belgium flag registration via overnight courier service.